XMAS GIFTS FOR THE WOMEN IN YOUR LIFE
The hardest category by far just because you have no idea what they like or want. If I think it’s hard – it must be ten times worse for guys.
I personally think if your mum is conscious of how she looks then any products from Liz Earle are a must. Liz Earle is a beauty range that leaves your skin in perfect condition.
You can search online for the products or go to John Lewis who practically has all of the range. This year I’m getting my mum a few things from the makeup collection so you may as well too.
The body shop
Consider The Body Shop sweet smelly heaven; I’m sure you can buy your mum a set of hand creams or something along those lines.
Need I say more?
The posh way of saying an elegant scarf – best stores are M&S and The Tie Rack!
You can never go wrong with perfume, instant success.
This does sort of depend on how much she actually means to you.
If she’s just a friend that really has no real impact of your life and you want to buy her something small then a calendar does the job. You can always find deals in HMV like 2 for £10 so it’s a pretty good opportunity for gifts.
If she’s a close friend or best friend (which guys don’t admit to) then it is slightly different.
Every girl is different but speaking on behalf of many girls, we like to be appreciated. It doesn’t matter if we don’t like each other in an intimate way but if we have a strong enough of a bond to confide in each other then it would be nice to be acknowledged.
I also know I speak for many girls when I say we get taken for granted a lot of the time. If you’ve screwed it up with her this year make the effort to let her know you.. dare I say it .. love her and appreciate her friendship.
- You can either write her a heartfelt Christmas card then make her pinky promise to not tell anyone ever.
- Take her for lunch and buy her something small while you’re out.
- Go for Christmas drinks
At the end of the day, your best girlfriend will be there whenever you’re having the worst times of your life. Having a best friend sounds similar to having a girlfriend – it kind of is you just don’t have feelings for her or sometimes see her as a sister.
The girl you like
In this case you must channel your cheesy self and get a Christmas card saying ‘to my girlfriend’ and then you add a question mark on the card.
You sing all I want for Christmas is you – classic winner.
Good luck to you!
The best advice I can give for buying your girlfriend a present is to make sure your effort comes across.
YES YES YES YES And a cute bunch ok. Notice I said cute not expensive, you could spend £100 on flowers but there still going to die. Because she’s your girlfriend at least have the decency to walk with them – just because she may repay the favour for being so kind!
I think getting them sent to your house can be cute if you aren’t expecting them but I would rather see the effort of having a guy walk all the way to my house to hand my some flowers.
The flowers aren’t a must but they are a cute touch.
I’m an overly romantic girl so I am a huge huge huge fan of personalised gifts. There’s just something about the effort to make something a little special that makes me jittery.
My top 3 websites for personalised gifts are:
- http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/ – I can’t even put into words how perfect this website is for gifts for women and men! Just stop reading this and click! Gogogogo
I have accounts on all three because collectively they act like my present bible. I don’t think you can go wrong if you check out these sites and give the present some thought.
I think you can pull off buying clothes as long as you abide by these rules:
- Know her size– this includes shoe size too!! Please please please don’t even think about getting any item of clothing if you don’t know her size. Just imagine the look of horror when she sees you’ve bought her something two sizes too small. Having said that -don’t forget that some girls are different sizes for top and bottom so always have a note written down.
- You get a gift receipt. If she ends up not liking what you bought then you can easily pull out the gift receipt. She might be annoyed at first but at least she can exchange your gift for something she likes.
- Match the clothes with her dress sense. If your girlfriend is almost always in jeans and a T-shirt – don’t go completely off the rails and buy her glittery shorts. Instead try buying her branded jeans.
If you can’t find anything she will like but you still want to get her something get a set of onesies for the both of you.
Just because I put things into categories doesn’t mean you can’t mix and match. It’s not a fixed rule it’s just something to go by. Just incase anyone is wondering there will be another post either tonight or tomorrow for what to get the men in your life for xmas!
IF ANY OF MY GUY FRIENDS ARE READING THIS OR SOMEONE FROM THE WORLD WE CALL THE INTERNET WANTS TO GET ME SOMETHING FOR CHRISTMAS – PLEASE GOOD GOD JUST GET PITBULL TO FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER. I’LL GO AS FAR AS MARRY YOU IF YOU MANAGE IT.